- Green Tourism Business Scheme
- Considerate Hoteliers
- The British Hospitality Association
- Hospitable Climates
- And a list of simple, everyday actions you can do to help change the world: Responsible Visitor Charter
- Paint used in the hotel is water based. Solvents are only used if there is no solvent free alternative. All wood is sourced from suppliers who are FSC accredited.
- Furniture and soft furnishings are constructed from natural products where possible.
- In addition K West expects similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors who will assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
- Recycling of packaging materials and paper goods is used whenever possible with a process in place to recover all used printer paper for recycling. All new printed materials at the hotel are produced on recycled paper, card and board whenever possible.
- To help the hotel with its initiative employees are encouraged to ensure that every effort is made to preserve our environment.
- Ensuring that lights and other electrical equipment is switched off when not required.
- Hot and cold taps are turned off when not in use and that taps are not left running.
- Windows and doors are closed especially when air conditioning or heating is in use. All equipment should be used efficiently and also turned off when not in use.
- Staff should also actively promote environmental awareness within the hotel in accordance with the laid down policies.
- The efficient use of water and the reduction in use of chlorine based bleaches is encouraged and discussed with our suppliers. Guests are encouraged to participate in this initiative by voluntarily choosing to have their towels and bed sheets changed less often.
- London needs to address ‘invisible’ air pollution as the biggest cause of early death after smoking. Travel smarter and help the environment in keeping green & clean.
- Download the London Underground Map or visit Transport for London to get more information on getting around London.
Recipient of the Gold Green Tourism Business Scheme Award, K West Hotel & Spa is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. Now with this eco-friendly package, you can enjoy an extra green city break.
Have a look at our Eco Chic Package.